Fiskars X11 Splitting Axe
|Head: PermaHead insert-molded axe head |
|Length: 17 inches |
|Handle: FiberComp |
|Blade: with a low-friction coating and bevel convex |
This small splitting axe is designed for one handed use. It is perfect for
splitting small to medium logs. Its' design provides maximum efficiency for single handed use and
its power to weight rations is designed to increases the swing speed.
Low friction coating on the blade along with bevel convex blade geometry ensures clean splits.
You should have this as a secondary axe for fast jobs, the X11 is meant for simple one handed
use for rending tiny logs. Like each X Series Hatchet or Axe, the X11 combines advanced blade geometry,
formed weight distribution, nearly unbreakable style and AN ultra sharp edge
to maximise your performance. This mixture of options permits the blade to disperse
wood a lot of effectively, giving a lot of one strike splits with every swing.
Since you'll split wood a lot of simply with the X11, every job needs less time,
less effort and fewer hand strain.
We recommend it
We highly recommend this.
Over people (0%) had rated this with 5 stars
Most helpful real user reviews
- Best axe within the world you can buy. Scandinavian style and well definitely worth every penny you spent. Do not go get your average axe reception Depot. Get this axe from Fiskars. I'm a true fan of their merchandise currently. The name Fiskars connotes quality and style. It is a tool to be pleased with, provide to purchasers as Christmas gifts. It becomes a prized heirloom, something to point out your friends in your garage, a cool tool that you simply ought to show off!
- This Axe has the look, well built. I bought a splitting mole from Home Deport but it was made of soft metal.
After I got this axe, I was able to split half a cord in about two hours.
- The best splitting axe ever, I have nothing else to say.
- First I used it to split well seasoned wood, went like a hot knife through butter. Then I went bit far and use it for something it was not designed for, cutting a half foot thick tree branch. But it held nicely and did the job. I say, stress test was passed!
- The best axe out there, you wouldn't need another wood splitter. Why spend a thousand bucks on one when you can get this so damn cheap.
- I'm not at all an expert when it comes to splitting firewood, but I was able to make short work of a 30 inches diameter and 18 inches long section of white oak tree with this axe. This axe is an improvement over most other axes out there in the market.
- Wood slayer, I hit a log so hard and square that it blasted into 4 pieces the first time I use this. You could say that I was pretty much sold on it after that.
- Fantastic wood splitter axe. I could explode logs apart with very little force and was able to split knotted logs much easier than other axes. Even good for marathon splitting sessions.
- I only expected it to be good but it turns out to be great. Read many reviews and I expected it to be a decent axe, well what you know, it is.
- I had split many a logs with this axe now and am highly thrilled with its performance. One needs to work around the outside removing splits when splitting larger logs. You need to get the diameter down small enough to split through the middle. I split stringy green to aged on the stump (dead tree) red oak using this method.
I have been able to use a standard knife sharpener to retouch the cutting edge. Keep it sharp. You must take care not to get it into the ground where you will dull the cutting edge.
- I won't ever have to buy another axe for camping. I'm planning to mount this to my roof rack on my 4x4 for expeditions.
- This axe splits wood much better than anything I purchased, light, durable, and will not rust.
- The styling and blade design of this axe is awesome. I had few axes which broke on me, so the lifetime warrantee is great too.
- I used this to do some splitting and totally love this thing, it works super great and is so light to swing. I'm a pretty short guy and it's a touch long if it were a normal maul I wouldn't enjoy it but this thing really is a totally different kind of tool.
- I never used it as I bought it for a present. It has the typical quality and feel of Fiskars brand products. And the virtually indestructible handle is amazing too.
- It works well, met all expectations. It is easy to handle, price was better than other stores.
- This splitting axe performs really well. Worth every penny you spent on it.
- Bought this one for kindling. It is light weighted and fast. These small axes require a slightly different cutting technique than you would normally use, due to their lighter weight and sharper blade. It's all to do with momentum.
- Apart from it's light weight, this axe really cuts through the wood. I could even fell trees with it. This is the sharpest axe I ever had and I have three of different sizes.
- I put this tool through a real challenge, it was freshly cut wood rings that were too big to push, haul or roll up. These wood rounds were about 30 inches across and about 24 inches long each. Splitting the white oak with this axe was a incredibly easy.