|Make: Estwing, United States (since 1923)|
|Made in USA|
|Cutting Edge: 3-1/4" / 83 mm|
|Weight: 1.6 pounds|
|Sheath: Leather sheath with belt slot.|
Estwing is a striking and struck tools manufacturing company, head-quartered in Rockford, Illinois, United States.
It was founded in 1923 by Ernest Estwing. They are specialised in axes, claw hammers, speciality tools and pry bars.
- Over 225 people had rated this with 5 stars.
- This axe is forged in one piece (all steel) with a genuine leather grip. Head and handle forged in one-piece. Fully polished with genuine leather grip and sheath.
- It's a piece of art, a great tool for splitting wood, hammering and rough use. Stands up well to use and abuse. If you want a hatchet that should last you a lifetime this one would be hard to beat.
- Feels good in your hand, balance is good, and you never have to worry about the head coming loose. It's compact, sturdy, and a great muti-purpose tool.
- The steel is outstanding quality and holds an edge very well. It is easy to sharpen as well. This will never have to be replaced, it's that amazing.
- The weight and balance of the axe make quick work of pretty much anything you want to cut without wearing you out. The balance and heft are perfect for anyone and for any purpose.
- This is a great hatchet for the outdoors man, to use around the house or carry in your bug out kit.
- The handle is beautifully wrapped in fine leather and the sheath is stunning with a lovely design and great fit.
- One user mentioned this on his 5 star review; "If your disappointed with this hatchet then you need your head examined or your just complaining to be complaining and it's highly unlikely anything would make you happy!"
- If you are looking for the perfect gift for that Special person in your life, you can't go wrong with this.
- Leather handle is slippery when wet.
- This is not the lightest hatchet you will find for camping, but the weight is actually of help when trying to chop branches or small tree trunks.
- The sheath is made in Taiwan, Haiti or China.
- One user reported that citrus based cleaner had softened the sealant on the leather handle. Watch out for it.
- Few people reported burrs on the blade, chips in the edge and dull edge from the factory. They seems to be unlucky if they are telling the truth and not some salesman from other companies. You can send it back for replacement if worst happens.
We recommend it!
Estwing E24A is a must have hatchet for any camper or outdoorman. It has good balance between size and weight. It's even good for any collector of weapons, it's a piece of art, a hatchet for a generation.
It's made by Estwing, a remarkable axe manufacturer and it's made in USA. It comes as one piece of metal, there will be no questions of breaking the handle or breaking head off.
Further more it come with a very attractive price tag, what else can you ask for?